Catalonia’s Delegation in Central Europe organises a different Sant Jordi’s cultural event this year in Wien to contribute with a debate on how to support culture in times of war due to the current situation in Ukraine after the Russian invasion. The following experts will share their research and experiences in a special evening presided by Catalan Minister of Foreign Action and Open Government Dr. Victòria Alsina.
- Dr. Friedrich Schipper, Executive Vice-President of Blue Shield Austria.
- Dipl. -Ing. Shams Asadi, Human Rights Commissioner, head of the Human Rights Office of the City of Vienna.
- Mag.a Mireia Capdevila i Candell, doctoral researcher at the Centre for Studies on Dictatorships and Democracies of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, curator of “Museum in Danger! Safeguarding and organisation of Catalan art during the Civil War” (exhibition 2021/2022, Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya).
- Ms. Sarita Jenamani, General Secretary of PEN International Austria
- BA MA Sebastian Majstorovic, Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage, cofounder of Saving Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Online (SUCHO).
- Mag.a Michaela Geboltsberger BA, curator and manager in contemporary art, project team of platform Office Ukraine. Shelter for Ukrainian Artists.
More information here.