↓ English ↓
The Catalan Institute of China has organized a full event to celebrate Sant Jordi Day with books and roses.
- 11:00 am Miguel de Cervantes Library Discovering the history behind Sant Jordi and World Book Day
- 11:30 am Miguel de Cervantes Library Kids workshop: A trip to Barcelona through books and art
- 6:00 pm Sambal – Jiashan Market Discovering the Legend of Sant Jordi: Kids activity with storytelling, arts & crafts workshop and children’s book exchange.
- 7:00 pm Sambal – Jiashan Market Literary Dinner: Delicious Catalan specialties and wines together with a literary debate to the rhythm of Catalan rumba. Book exchange and roses for everybody!
- 11:00 am West Bund Book Launch: “The Wind and Rain Come in Their Time”
- 12.00 – 5.00 pm West Bund Reading Area Children reading corner in different languages
- 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm West Bund The Attic Literary Lectures, Talks and Plays.
- 1.00 pm – 5.00 pm West Bund Stage World music life performances
Charity & Community outreach: Books for all Kids from Chinese rural areas will also benefit from this festival. The Catalan Institute of China will donate over 2,000 books for kids from less developed areas.
Organized thanks to the joint effort of the publishing houses Yilin and Yiwen, 99 Publishing House, Miguel de Cervantes Library, Sambal Jiashan Market, Oriental Danology Institute, Shanghai Xuhui District, Consulate General of Argentina in Shanghai, Consulate General of France in Shanghai, Consulate General of Chile in Shanghai, Consulate General of United Kigndom in Shanghai, Consulate General of Ecuador in Shanghai, Consulate General of Colombia in Shanghai, Consulate General of Mexico in Shanghai and Consulate General of Peru in Shanghai, Consulate General of Venezuela in Shanghai, Libraries City Network, Sommelier China, The Library Project, Wolledge Studio and Artspire Studio.
Open to everybody. RSVP required before April 20th at email@example.com
Check out the highlights of the 11th edition of Books&Roses in Shanghai: https://vimeo.com/179430281